Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day of School

Well, yesterday was the first day of school for me. I am taking a Food Sanitation and Safety class, one night a week (Mondays), from 7 to 8:50 pm.

It went well, and I am looking forward to the rest of the semester. This is a required class for my baking and pastry degree, so I figured I would get it out of the way as soon as possible.

The teacher for this class is the same teacher I had for my Nutrition class for the spring semester, so I knew what to expect with her.

She had remembered me when she came in, and had given me a hug. It was nice seeing her again, after being out of school for the summer. She is a very nice teacher, which is why I decided to sign up for this class time.

I didn't get the book for this class yet, as I didn't know what was required for it. So, I will be going sometime this week to get it.

I just wish it didn't cost so much. Everyone said that the book costs $109. Seriously?! $109 for a book? It's not a real thick/big book, so I don't see how it could cost so much. But, whatever.

Hopefully this class will go as well as the other classes I've taken so far, and I do well in it. I really want to do well again.

Since the teacher is really nice, and since she lives a few blocks away from me, I think she wouldn't mind helping me out if I need help. I think there are a few students in my class who might be willing to help, as well.

If only I was outgoing enough to ask them for help, though. I have a hard time talking to people I don't know, but I want to work on that.

I really don't like being as shy as I am, and hopefully by the time I graduate from college, I will be at least a little more outgoing.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment