Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Update: Garde Manger Class

Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted. I will try and do better at posting regularly from now on.

Anyway, I am currently taking a Garde Manger class in school, which is a cold food prep class. The first day of class was August 22, so we've been going for a while now. I know this isn't bakery related, but it's still food, and I figured, why not blog about it here?

Class is on Mondays from 4 to 9:15 pm, and I am enjoying it so far. This last class, we made Monte Cristo sandwiches, Croquette Madame sandwiches, and chicken tamales, and let me tell you, they were SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!

I may just have to make them at home. Although, the Monte Cristo sandwiches is a long process, but I think it is worth it.

So far this semester, we have also made spanakopita, pasta, salads, grilled chicken, pot stickers, samosas, bourek, guacamole, chicken satay, shrimp spring rolls, and bacon wrapped dates. All were very good.

I am looking forward to the rest of the semester, and what all we're going to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment