Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Desserts, Desserts, Desserts

In class yesterday, we made several desserts, including cherry pie, linzer torts, a cherry cheesecake, a flourless chocolate cake, mousse, and a few more desserts.

Each week, the teacher asks two students to serve the desserts in the school's restaurant (yes, my school has it's own restaurant, on-campus).

I hadn't done that yet, so I decided to go yesterday, along with another girl in my class. It was interesting, and neat.

The customers all said that they loved the desserts, which really felt good. Knowing that people love something that you made...that is awesome!!

I am really enjoying this class, and love that it is hands-on. The only down-side to it, is that we have to stand on our feet for five hours.

Although, I don't mind it that much, as I am doing something that I love. That more than makes up for being on my feet for that long.

To be honest, even though I love special education, and I still want to get into that profession someday, I am so glad I changed my major in school. I am doing much better in my classes, and the teachers actually enjoy what they are teaching, making the classes more enjoyable.

For the first time in many, many years, I actually like school. Baking is so much fun, at least to me, and I am actually learning something that truly interests me. Something that I actually want to learn. I can't wait to see what will happen with this in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment